Foot blisters can be annoying and painful, making you avoid certain types of shoes and activities. Even as a blister is healing, you may still suffer from discomfort, so make sure you follow these treatment tips to help alleviate your pain, prevent infection, and get back to your normal active routines.
Tips & Tricks
- Visit Us: First and foremost, if you are prone to blisters, make an appointment with one of our specialists. We can help diagnose and treat your blister, and put you on a treatment plan depending on your symptoms.
- Cover The Blister: Don’t pop your blister! Cover it instead to reduce irritation and avoid infection. Make sure you are washing the area with soap and water daily, and then cover it with a bandage or gauze.
- Use Antibiotics: Ointments can help prevent your blister from becoming infected. Follow the directions and apply the ointment before you put on your socks and shoes.
- Keep Feet Dry: After you shower, swim, or do anything that gets your feet wet, dry them thoroughly. Wear socks to keep moisture away from your skin and if you are prone to sweaty feet, use powders to dry them out.
- Wear The Right Shoes: Make sure you have ample room in the shoes you choose to wear. Avoid wearing shoes that cause rubbing and pressure on your feet. Wearing the right footwear helps prevent blisters.
Don’t let your blisters stop you from doing the things you love! If you continue to get blisters after following these tips, contact us today and we will help you get rid of the pain point.